Lawrence E. King
Revision as of 02:43, 27 July 2018 by Marionumber1 (Add Wadman to list of connections)
- 1 Biography
- 2 Occupations
- 3 Political connections
- 4 Corporate connections
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Family and early life
Omaha sex ring
Main article: Franklin child sex ring
Fallout of Franklin
Omaha business community
- Warren Buffett
- Omaha World-Herald - publisher Harold Andersen
- Union Pacific Corporation
- Peter Kiewit Sons'
- FirsTier Financial - board member P.E. Esping?
- FirsTier Bank - board member William F. Welsh II (the chairman of ES&S at one time)?
Organized crime figures
- Bill Baker: A restaurant owner associated with Larry King who dealt in drugs and child pornography
- Joe Malec: Owner of Peony Park, where some of the abuse took place
- Willy Theisen: Owner of Godfather's Pizza, implicated by some victims as supplying cocaine for King's parties
- Washington Post, "CONVENTION", 1984/08/20: "[...] But the Ewings weren't home on their range last night at Southfork Ranch, about 25 miles north of Dallas. So receiving about 600 curious Republican convention delegates and party workers was Omaha entrepreneur Lawrence E. King Jr., chairman of the National Black Republican Council's business committee. King, who will sing the national anthem at Tuesday's convention session, and other businessmen put up the money for a gala evening of ribs, beans, coleslaw and pecan pie.
"Blacks have for so long felt they weren't part of the Republican Party, so we're giving this party to show them they are," said King, respectably resplendent in white with sparkling gold chains around his neck.
Maureen Reagan drove up by limousine long enough to clinch the evening's black vote for her father in case anybody was in doubt. [...]"
- C-Span clip of King singing the national anthem at the 1984 Republican National Convention - 00:02:00 into Day 2
- Metropolitan (Omaha), "Meet The King of Contradictions" by Craig Pugh, 1988/09/07 - mentions a photo of him with Reagan
- September 7, 1988 article in Omaha's Metropolitan newspaper refers to King's friendship with William Casey and allegedly (EDIT: it doesn't) mentions CIA agents at Offutt AFB; cited on p.326-327 of Do What Thou Wilt, Satanism and The Temple of Set by David Hoffman
- Rigorous Intuition post by sw compiling a list of people involved with the Franklin Credit Union
- Washington Life Magazine, "Real Estate News" by Mary K. Mewborn, 2004/11: "Pardoe/ERA broker Jim Bell has 2441 California Street, N.W. under contract to Patrick Menasco and Joe Freeman. The seller is Victoria Grey. The Kalorama home near Embassy Row was built in 1923 and is a Spanish-style stucco house with five bedrooms and five full and one half baths. External accoutrements include a side porch and fenced rear patio. The home, which has been listed for $2,190,000, is currently the residence of Mary Tull, the volunteer coordinator of Achievement Advocate, an online mentoring program whose mission is to provide 4th through 6th graders with adult guidance and support. In the late 80's, the property gained some notoriety when it was rented to Lawrence E. King, Jr., the former executive director of the failed Franklin Community Federal Credit Union, who along with his wife Alice, was accused by Federal regulators of having diverted as much as $40 million from Franklin for personal and business use."
- 2009/04/17 phone call to Larry King at the BMW of Sterling dealership (owned by Thomas Moorehead from Omaha)
- Facebook post by Opera NOVA on 2015/04/15 - the Washington DC organization employed Larry King as an opera singer
- Russell King in the UK, who is also a financial fraudster, also associated with BMW, and somewhat resembles Larry King