Lawrence E. King
- 1 Biography
- 2 Occupations
- 3 Political connections
- 4 Corporate connections
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Family and early life
Omaha sex ring
Main article: Franklin child sex ring
Fallout of Franklin
Omaha business community
- Warren Buffett
- Omaha World-Herald - publisher Harold Andersen
- Union Pacific Corporation
- Peter Kiewit Sons'
- FirsTier Financial - board member P.E. Esping?
- FirsTier Bank - board member William F. Welsh II (the chairman of ES&S at one time)?
Main article: Savings and loan crisis
Organized crime figures
- Bill Baker: A restaurant owner associated with Larry King who dealt in drugs and child pornography
- Joe Malec: Owner of Peony Park, where some of the abuse took place
- Willy Theisen: Owner of Godfather's Pizza, implicated by some victims as supplying cocaine for King's parties
- Washington Post, "CONVENTION", 1984/08/20: "[...] But the Ewings weren't home on their range last night at Southfork Ranch, about 25 miles north of Dallas. So receiving about 600 curious Republican convention delegates and party workers was Omaha entrepreneur Lawrence E. King Jr., chairman of the National Black Republican Council's business committee. King, who will sing the national anthem at Tuesday's convention session, and other businessmen put up the money for a gala evening of ribs, beans, coleslaw and pecan pie.
"Blacks have for so long felt they weren't part of the Republican Party, so we're giving this party to show them they are," said King, respectably resplendent in white with sparkling gold chains around his neck.
Maureen Reagan drove up by limousine long enough to clinch the evening's black vote for her father in case anybody was in doubt. [...]"
- C-Span clip of King singing the national anthem at the 1984 Republican National Convention - 00:02:00 into Day 2
- Metropolitan (Omaha), "Meet The King of Contradictions" by Craig Pugh, 1988/09/07 - mentions a photo of him with Reagan
- Omaha World-Herald, obituary for Lawrence E. King Sr. (Jun 8, 1921 - Jul 19, 2009), 2009/07/22-23 - nickname of Pancho is listed
- 2009/07/27 tribute from Vineta Pritchard includes "I REMEMBER GROWING UP AND THINKING HOW IMPORTANT MY GRANDFATHER WAS TO OUR FAMILY AND THE COMMUNITY. HE HAD A GREAT CAREER WITH SWIFT COMPANIES AND EVEN IN RETIREMENT WORKED AT CON AGRA."
- Allegation that the September 7, 1988 article in Omaha's Metropolitan newspaper mentions CIA agents at Offutt Air Force Base
- Rigorous Intuition post by sw compiling a list of people involved with the Franklin Credit Union
- Washington Life Magazine, "Real Estate News" by Mary K. Mewborn, 2004/11: "Pardoe/ERA broker Jim Bell has 2441 California Street, N.W. under contract to Patrick Menasco and Joe Freeman. The seller is Victoria Grey. The Kalorama home near Embassy Row was built in 1923 and is a Spanish-style stucco house with five bedrooms and five full and one half baths. External accoutrements include a side porch and fenced rear patio. The home, which has been listed for $2,190,000, is currently the residence of Mary Tull, the volunteer coordinator of Achievement Advocate, an online mentoring program whose mission is to provide 4th through 6th graders with adult guidance and support. In the late 80's, the property gained some notoriety when it was rented to Lawrence E. King, Jr., the former executive director of the failed Franklin Community Federal Credit Union, who along with his wife Alice, was accused by Federal regulators of having diverted as much as $40 million from Franklin for personal and business use."
- BMW dealership run by Thomas Moorehead from Omaha
- 2009/04/17 phone call to Larry King at the BMW of Sterling dealership
- Amy Irene White, "The Disgusting Friends of the Washington Harley Dealer", 2015/09/10: "Well, Tom had this friend in Omaha named Larry E. King, Jr. Larry was a big wig in the Franklin Credit Union in the same town where Tom got his start.. According to this employee who called me, Larry allegedly was Tom’s banker in Omaha years ago."
- Washington Life, "Profile: Thomas Moorehead", 2015/12/08
- Savoy, "Thomas Moorehead: Building a Legacy in Luxury Cars", 2019/11/05 - says that he "Became first African American owner of hotel at National Harbor of Prince George’s County, Maryland "; also mentions that he served two terms on the Federal Reserve Board for the Tenth District of Kansas City (dates unspecified)
- Charles Galloway Sr. connection - appears on the Facebook friend list of Alice King, with their Facebook profile indicating that they studied at University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
- Omaha World-Herald, obituary for Charles Lee Galloway (November 11, 1944 - July 18, 2022), 2022/07/20-22: "Age 77. Born to Boyd V. and Julia V. Galloway. Graduated from Omaha Technical High School in 1962 and attended the University of Nebraska at Omaha. He was a Vietnam Veteran and recipient of the Purple Heart Medal. He was a Master Electrician and retired from the Omaha Public Power District. He was congregational President of Hope Lutheran Church in Omaha and was an actor in several plays at the local John Beasley Theatre."
- Roeder Mortuary obituary for Charles Lee Galloway, Sr. (November 11, 1944 – July 18, 2022)
- Opera NOVA connection - the Washington DC organization employed Larry King as an opera singer
- Other curiosities