Voter News Service
Revision as of 18:12, 6 February 2020 by Marionumber1 (Properly quote two articles on old-time vote fraud)
News Election Services
In 1964, one year after the JFK assassination, an election reporting consortium called News Election Services (NES) was founded.
Voter Research and Surveys
Merger into VNS
Dissolution in 2002
Executive director: ..., Bill Headline, ...
Vote rigging suspicion
- Website for Votescam by Jim and Ken Collier
- Copy of the first 13 chapters of Votescam
- Lynn Landes compilation of election fraud and irregularities
- Allegation by Leonard Gates that Cincinnati Bell and the FBI hacked county election mainframes
- Lynn Landes, "Why won't the Department of Justice (DOJ) investigate electronic vote fraud? Is it because the DOJ and FBI have long been involved in it, themselves?" - discusses Craig Donsanto, head of the DOJ's Election Crimes division who also featured prominently in Votescam
- Leonard Gates deposition
- Cincinnati Post, "Election Wire-tap Alleged Cincinnati Bell Denies Charges", 1987/11
- Gregory Flannery, "The great forgotten Cincinnati wiretap scandal", 2013/06/03: "In 1979, he [Gates] testified, he was ordered to wiretap the Hamilton County Regional Computer Center, which handled vote tabulations. His handler at the phone company allegedly told Gates the wiretap was intended to manipulate election results. “They had the ability to actually alter what was being done with the votes. … He was very upset through some of the elections with a gentleman named Blackwell,” Gates testified. J. Kenneth Blackwell is a former member of Cincinnati Council, and 1979 was an election year for council." Interestingly, at that time, Blackwell was a left-leaning independent who became mayor of Cincinnati under the Charter Party, but he soon made an abrupt switch to hardcore conservative Republican in 1981. Then he himself would be involved with election rigging in the 2004 Ohio election.
- 1988 New Hampshire primary and Governor John H. Sununu
- Bob Fitrakis and Harvey Wasserman, "NEW HAMPSHIRE THE BIRTHPLACE OF ELECTRONIC ELECTION THEFT", 2016/02/08: "In the Granite State, Bush was up against Bob Dole, long-time Senator from Kansas. Dole was much loved in hard-core Republican circles. But Bush had an ace-in-the-hole. For the first time, the votes would be cast and counted on electronic voting machines, in this case from Shoup Electronics. Governor John Sununu, later Bush’s White House Chief of Staff, brought the highly-suspect computer voting machines into New Hampshire’s most populous city, Manchester. The results were predictable. Former CIA director George H. W. Bush won a huge upset over Dole and the mainstream for-profit corporate media refuses to consider election rigging."
- New York Times, "NEW HAMPSHIRE LEADERS SPLIT OVER COMPUTER", 1985/05/06
- UPI, "Personality Spotlight: New Hampshire's high-tech Gov. John Sununu", 1988/11/17
- Washington Post, "ALL THE PRESIDENT'S PCS FROM SUNUNU ON DOWN, IBM'S REIGN WANES", 1989/05/15 - mentions that Sununu was indeed a computer engineer: "Sununu, an engineer, is an old hand at computers, having done programming on mainframes back when it was entered on punch cards. When he was governor of New Hampshire, he had an IBM AT, which he used to download budget and purchasing data from the state's mainframe system. Sununu used a Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet to analyze the numbers."
- Exit poll suspicion
- Compilation of articles by Lynn Landes about exit polls
- Lynn Landes, "Election Night Projections - Cover For Vote Rigging Since 1964?", 2002/09/23
- Lynn Landes, "Suspicion Surrounds Voter News Service", 2003/01/20 (archive) - speculation about the reason for VNS closing after the 2002 election
- Lynn Landes, "Could the Associated Press (AP) Rig the Election?", 2004/10/22
- Lynn Landes, "Did Networks Fake Exit Polls, While AP 'Accessed' 2,995 Mainframe Computers?"
- World Trade Center offices
- Port Authority of New Jersey, "World Trade Center Master List of Office Leases" - notes that VNS leased space on the 93rd floor of WTC2 from 1999/07/01 to 2000/11/30
- Let's Roll Forums post highlighting inconsistencies in the lease records for the 93rd floor
- Neal Ungerleider, "Voter News Service, World Trade Center, 2000", 2016/09/26 - claims that he did data entry for the 2000 election of the 93rd floor of Tower 1
- Victoria Collier, "America’s Media Just Made Vote-Rigging Easier", 2012/10/19 - explains how Internet election reporting changed VNS's game: "Today it may be more difficult for a secret media vote-counting consortium to fudge the numbers, should they be tempted. Secretaries of State, who oversee elections, are moving toward reporting their votes in real time on public web sites. Unfortunately, these web sites are programmed by private companies. Now, it’s those companies we have to seriously worry about (unless, of course, we actually decide to do something about this situation and restore a public, transparent vote count)."